Some of the points to remember:
- It is best to use the Moodle question bank to develop questions.
- The quizzes are made from questions in the question bank.
- The questions can be put into categories.
- Make sure to click the hidden button on a quiz to ensure that the students don't see it.
- We did an experiment of exporting/importing a quiz.
- Dominic recommended that we don't use the upload to Universities central store of marks. This is technically possible.
- Dominic mentioned respondus as a way to convert questions in different formats.
- The system for making random variables seems complicated. Somehow Moodle generates a certain number of random numbers, which can then be used in the questions. There were issues in decimal points.
- There is no student ID in Moodle so the student ID is not included in the comma separated list, so this may make it hard to upload marks to S3. A perl script would have to be written.